Tips to make your online purchases safer
Type the name of the merchant website in the browser.
Make sure the site has a closed lock icon at the top or bottom of the browser.
Verify that the address of the business says HTTPS and not HTTP. If it doesn't have the S, the site is not secure.
Check that the site has contact information, a return policy and a refund policy.
Search for reviews by other users to find out about their experiences with the merchant.
After the product is added to the shopping cart, the site may ask for your card information.
The advantages of buying online with Visa
- Visa protects your data when you are buying online and notifies your bank of each transaction.
- Visa's technology validates your data so that your transaction is secure.
- All your purchases are monitored 24x7 regardless of the amount.
- You can buy from your mobile device or computer on any merchant website.
- It’s safe and you don’t have to touch anything.
How to keep your data secure?
Do not use the same password that you use in your home banking to access other services such as email or chat.
Do not use easily guessed personal information such as family names, birth dates, anniversaries, or phone numbers.
Never write down the password: if you really have to record it, keep it in a safe place.
Change your password frequently.
Still don’t have your Visa card?
Find the right Visa card for you, so you can buy online and in person, in millions of stores around the word.